'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

J Mac, Basketball, and Inspiration ♥

Friday, September 17, 2010

A few mornings ago, while I was tooling around in YouTube, enjoying faaaaaar too much time looking for a nice video for a Tuesday Music-Day blog post (one of my very most favoritest things to do)  ~ I came upon this video.


My husband is a writer, but he also is a coach and mentor for adults with Down Syndrome, Asperger, and Autism.  And so, because of that, I'm always looking for games or information or anything, really, he can use in his work (he calls it 'play').


And this video? ... no, I don't think he can use it with 'the kids'. This is for him. He'll see it this evening when he reads my blog. (I love you, J)


It was 2008 when I first saw this and back then, I think I must have watched it a dozen times, each time finding myself in a puddle of tears by the video's end. I didn't see the original broadcast on ESPN back in 2007 and am so happy their segment has found its way to YouTube.


It's not a sad story at all, but one of youth, hope, victory and, most of all, a story of love. And, whether you have seen this before or if this is your first time viewing, have your box of Kleenex ready.

1 comments:

Abracadebra Designs said...

Wow Karen,
You were right, I needed a kleenex. That was a very touching and inspirational video.
-Debbie

September 17, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Related Posts with Thumbnails