It's not a particularly landmark birthday and he's really quite easy to take care of: change of clean clothes and bedding once in a while, throw him a steak every now and then, some cuddling and Golden Girls on the tube at bedtime and he's one happy camper.
Yes, Golden Girls. Don't mess with the man's bedtime Golden Girls, okay?
And, for his birthday, he makes it just as easy for me. He clearly states that no gifts are necessary (he's very sincere on this point but he'll get one anyway) and, as long as he gets this for his birthday
cake pie, the Birthday Boy will be happy.
I found this recipe at RealSimple.com last year, took a chance and surprised him with it on the Big Day, and it was as if I had prepared the very most sumptuous of 7 course meals for him.
And, as this is just about the easiest pie in the world to make, I was happy, too. And it is all he has asked for this year. How could I ever deny him (batting lashes).
Honest ... try it. It is absolutely delish! If you don't have a birthday to celebrate, prepare it in the Man's honor!
Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hr 25 minutes
· 8 ozs chopped semisweet chocolate, melted
· 4 cups crisped rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
· 2 pints mint chocolate-chip ice cream, slightly softened
1. In a large bowl, combine the chocolate & cereal until the cereal is completely coated. Transfer to a 9-inch springform pan. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1" up the sides of the pan. Freeze just until firm ~ 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Spread the ice cream in the prepared crust and freeze, covered, until firm, for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
From Real Simple Recipes ~ http://bit.ly/aqSFhF