'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

Lori and the Giant Rat

Thursday, April 29, 2010

My friend, Lori, has a thing about Capybaras. Actually, she has a thing about a lot of odds and ends and I try never to pass judgment. But this 'thing' she has has gone a step further ... I think she really wants wants one. As in, as a pet.

And up until she asked me if I had any images of the South American rodent in my 19th c. Natural History collection, I had no idea about these critters.

Now that I've seen them I have to admit that they're just about the cutest thing on the planet, but I'm not sure if I could give my love to what is basically a big, giant, rat. Cute or not.

But I have to admit, the more I see of these little critters, the more I like them.

And I *did* find this 19th Century Victorian engraving amongst my stash and I just have to admit ... they're pretty cute!

And THEN I found this on YouTube ...


Now ... how to talk The Man into getting one ... hmmmm

2 comments:

Goat Gal said...

HUGE! Good luck with your convincing!

April 29, 2010 at 2:40 PM
matchstickgirl said...

eeee heee heee ...they are very very cool ... I am quite up for a raccoon as a pet ...but I am told resoundingly "no" on that one too....

May 1, 2010 at 6:10 AM
Related Posts with Thumbnails