'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

ArtFire & the (re)Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I've never been much of a bandwagon jumper onner. More cautious Taurus me sits along the sidelines and watches, weighing risks, watching for motivations, keen to sense danger if it is there.


Okay, you online crafters and shopkeepers: I've done all that for you on this offer. There is no risk. None. Read this and then come back and see me and we'll talk some more.


http://www.artfire.com/groupdeal


Yeah, I can hear you from here ... ArtFire?? 


Yep. ArtFire. "B-b-b-but it's not as purdy as those *other* sites :(",  says you with a pouty face. Well, silly, that's because you don't have your shop opened up on AF yet.  You'll make ArtFire prettier just by joining the sellers there.


If you remain unconvinced, know this: ArtFire is about to leave it's Beta-version caterpillar-self behind and become a bit of the flashy butterfly. Tony and John and the crew are giving everyone peeks behind the programming cocoon and, I have to say, I'm liking what I'm seeing! ArtFire has always had the Seller Tools I needed, with more being added each and every week. The site has proven itself stable, without the Uh-Oh's and the O Noessssss! I've experienced elsewhere.


And where is that "elsewhere" of which I'm speaking? I've sold on eBay, 1000 Markets, Etsy, and Zibbet, as well as ArtFire. ArtFire knows how to promote and how to provide me the latitude I need to promote for myself. Their fee structure has always been a winner for me and now ... with this deal??!! ... well, I now have three shops there~
Le Petit Poulailler
Three French Hens
The Little Chicken Coop


Stop laughing :\ I like chickens :P  You'll find Petit up and rolling, and it has been for a bit now. The Hens has only just opened today and The Coop has some inventory but needs some tending. 


Take a look at this link to the new ArtFire Front Page and put those Ugly Sister thoughts behind you. Scroll down about half way and you'll see it. niiiiiiiiice. I can get behind that look. And the scrolling collection on the front page? Pure genius.


http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=forums&op=view_topic&tid=12467


And no, I do not gain one thing by promoting this deal. You, however, if you intend to sell on line either continuing or just starting out, would be foolish not to take a good long look at ArtFire and this deal. Go to their Forums, Check out the shops, stop listening to the people who are not doing your job for you and GO DO YOUR JOB! Scout the place out. You owe yourself that.


I'm very enthused about 2011 on ArtFire.  Now if only I could find another 10-15 hours in the day!! See you there! 


xo Karen

1 comments:

Nina said...

I totally agree! I cannot help buy marvel at the fabulous seller tools on Artfire. Do you mean I do not have to edit each and every listing individually? YES! I love it!
Tony and Caleb not only answer questions, they try to anticipate and address questions and concerns sellers may have. I share your enthusiasm and hope for Artfire 2011.

October 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Related Posts with Thumbnails