'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

This To Shall Pass and Bijoutery

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not my usual Classical Tuesday fare, but this video is just too much fun to not post. 


I was cruising around YouTube, looking for a nice classical piece for my usual "Classical Tuesday" blog post and getting myself a little off-topic ~ finding lots of other videos to distract me. I came across one of my long time faves ~ OKGo's 'Here It Goes Again' from '06.


I marked it for my YouTube "Favorites" and, when I mark favorites in YouTube ~ well, YouTube announces to all of Twitter what I was watching and marking as a favorite.


Um. Okay. Maybe I should remember that this happens before I mark something ... you know, more questionable ... as a favorite on YT, shouldn't I?


Well, when that was auto-tweeted from YouTube, the lovely and very talented J. Earles from Bijoutery saw my Twitter post and recommended another OKGo video for me ... instant fave! 


You just have to love wonderful, talented, geeky musicians ... excellent stuff!


Enjoy ... and dance!!



To quote YouTube ~ "The video was filmed in a two story warehouse, in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, CA. The 'machine' was designed and built by the band, along with members of Syyn Labs (http://syynlabs.com/) over the course of several months.
There is an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at the warehouse here:

http://www.okgo.net/this-too-shall-pass-rube-goldberg-machine/"

Synn Labs (per their Twitteris a group of cutting edge engineers and designers who twist together art and technology for events that foster social interaction and inspiration.


Yeah. Got to follow Synn Labs on Twitter, too, don't I. Lovin' me some geekiness!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails