'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

Beauty and the Chromolithograph

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Title Page, 'Salon de 1892'
Every once in a very great while, I happen across something exquisite. Something with such great beauty that I'm stunned to have been so lucky and astounded that this great beauty wasn't recognized and carefully guarded.  


How in the world was this beauty released from safe keeping? Make no mistake, I'm quite pleased it was but this pleasure doesn't stop me wondering how it was that the previous caretaker didn't recognize the beauty.


Étienne-Adolphe Piot's 'Printemps'
This is new in my shop. New as of today, as a matter of fact. A chromolithograph of Étienne-Adolphe Piot's oil: 'Printemps'. 


I've enjoyed Piot's work for a while now in my home and it's time to find it a new home. The volume I discovered this beautiful work in has a grand name and rightfully so. "Salon de 1892, Catalog of the Société des Artistes Français et Société Nationale des Beaux-Arts" is actually the 1892 Exhibition catalog and, page after page, the works are absolutely stunning. 


Piot's work, 'Printemps', is the first from the volume that I've listed. Do stay tuned. Each page is magnificent.




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails