'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

A Foxy Looking Gentleman

Monday, April 19, 2010

At great risk of repetition (because it is), I'm including a short post today on our resident foxy looking gentleman. He came trotting through again this morning ... I hadn't seen him since late last spring. I was quite relieved to see him. He's quite the dandy and always brings Beatrix Potter and Jemima Puddle Duck to mind when I see him.

Isn't he handsome? Besides the Beatrix Potter classics, I've added here two of his compatriots from my shop. One is from the Tallis's Scriptures Natural History For Youth, a wonderful 1850 folio edition of lovely hand colored engravings and the other is a gorgeous chromolithograph from the 1894 Royal Natural History, a Victorian reference. 

My foxy gentleman was far too quick for me to grab the camera - no captures for me today; he totally surprised me.  This is how I captured him last year ~ he doesn't seem to have changed much over the year.


1894 Royal Natural History

The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck, 1st published 1908 

The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck, 1st published 1908

Tallis's Scriptures Natural History For Youth, 1850




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails