'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

Dreaming of Spring

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I woke with the snow still aground ... grrrrrrrr.

I miss walking outside, barefoot. And the lovely coolness of the bathroom tiles after a shower. And a very very tall glass of ice tea; feeling the cold beads of condensation against my hand whilst I drink.

But nooOOoooo, we have a foot of snow. Don't misunderstand ~ this isn't one of those 'grass is greener' things ~ During Summer, I never dream about piles of snow or get sentimental about feeling like the Michelin Tire Man geared up in my boots & parka. At times, perhaps (and only perhaps) I may become a bit nostalgic for some fireside romantic moments ... but, hey ... how long does that last before hot flashes, kids or time-to-cook-dinner happens?

Wow ... I sound all grumpy. Well I am. I want Spring ~ *pout*

To console me, I made my way through the Treasuries & found my Edmund Dulac vintage print, 'The Princess and the Pea', in a lovely warm fairy tale collection curatored by BohemianLoveAffair.

Do check out her shop ~ if I didn't know better I'd think she tele-ported my 1960's high school closet straight into her shop. Especially this! ahhhh, now I want to be snowless, warm ... and skinny again, too!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails