'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

Treasuries Today!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Another one or two Treasuries in which my things were included ~ I should post them here while they're still fresh. I love Etsy's Treasuries and only wish I had the talent of curation. Alas, I do not ~ it's an ability that simply escapes me. I love and admire that skill, though. I suppose I'm a curator of curators.

There, now I feel somewhat better :)


Every once in a while, I happen upon a curator whose aesthetic just *sings* to me ~ putting together a treasury collections that, when I first see it, feels like I've opened a wonderfully familiar, well-loved photo album.

CalloohCallay is exactly that sort of curator. I never tire of seeing her collections and, honest to goodness, I'd hire her for my personal shopper had I the money to let her loose in the marketplace on my behalf. The fact that her shop is lovely & her button jewelry is to die for ... and she's an all-around great person ~ fun, funny, talented, intelligent, efficient, well-organized ...:::sighs:::...

Well, CC was kind enough to include me in one of her recent Treasuries ~ and it's a stunner! I'm so pleased ... my sweet hearts couldn't be in better company.

UnaOdd is another talented lady bitten by the Treasury curation bug. Her shop is lovely ~ as is her work ...the sweet blue '5 Blossom Ring' has been calling my name for the last month or so. So I'm always pleased to find she's included me in her curations ~ this one is beautiful, isn't it?


The J.W. Hill engraving Una included here is so beautiful. The colors are soft & gentle & have really married with the paper. I found 4 of these prints not long ago ~ no book, no identification ... just there all by their lonesomes as if waiting for me to come along, scoop them up & find new homes for them.

When I send papers like this off in the world to their new homes, I'm always hoping they find their way into a beautiful frame (some day I'll have to show you all the framed prints I have. It's embarrassing)

I do know, though, that most of my prints end up being cut for inclusion in other creations. Art for Art and, honestly, I'm okay with that ... I just don't like to think about the cutting part.

1 comments:

Callooh Callay said...

What a sweet feature! You know you're one of my favorite people to include in treasuries--such a wonderful shop with stellar photography!

And welcome to the world of blogging! I'm a slacker myself--good luck!

Susan

February 27, 2009 at 7:40 AM
Related Posts with Thumbnails