'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

The Crafter's, Needleworker's, Cook's Dream Library!

Sunday, June 19, 2011


I’ve been fortunate enough to have a crafter’s windfall come my way ~ a stash of needlework, crafts, recipe, and how-to books!

My friend is a seamstress, crafter, excellent cook, a knitter … she will be moving soon and wanted to clear out some of her books, booklets, and pamphlets to ease the tremendous crush of books before having to move them. 

She asked (!!) if I'd like to help her out with them ~ I was leafing through the titles before she finished the question! Her only request of me was that they go to a good home!

And these are beautiful books ~ each one of them in pristine condition … gently used (some I'm certain were not used at all!). She worked in a knitting/embroidery boutique and she is like me ~ absolutely unable to pass up these gorgeous books. And they were wonderfully and carefully stored. Quite a few are newer volumes (1990's and some 2000's). Some from this treasure trove date back to the 70’s and 60’s, and even the 50’s. As I research each one, I'm finding that many of the titles are no longer in print and, quite candidly, many of these are absolutely treasures of sewing, crafting, and cooking reference.
 
I’ll be listing the books in my Art Fire shop over the next few weeks ... there are hundreds of titles and yes, I'll be saving more than a few for myself!!

Come check out my shop's Toys and Books Section now to see what I’ve already listed.

And! If you are looking for a particular title, let me know ~ I very well may have it in this absolutely fantastic Treasure Trove. I'll list it especially priced and reserved for you!

xo karen

1 comments:

Abracadebra Designs said...

Wow, Look at all those books. And you get to keep some, too!! Awesome. Happy reading,
Debbie

June 20, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Related Posts with Thumbnails