'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

Blue Skies, Smiling At Me ...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

And so again today I'm showing another collection created while procrastinating in one of my ArtFire shops ... These are pretty, aren't they?


I do enjoy making Collections ...usually at the end of my day. Relaxing. I don't usually have a purpose (The Man's collection yesterday was an exception ... which is probably why it made the ArtFire Front Page): I usually am just browsing and hit upon a thread, something cohesive, and just go from there.


And, if I am honest, it is never easy for me to decide on a theme. I like too many too different things.  Truth be told, picking a theme is, for me, the most difficult part of making a Collection. 


I do have a 'go-to' shop when making a Collection ~ GingerSnapz. Ah, see there? I've let my great  secret is out. Ellen has *THE* best eye (hehe) for color and form. I don't have it. But I do know it when I see it. She's got it. So you'll usually find one of her beautiful photographs in my collections and this one is no exception (the Jay!)


I hit on this theme, "Blue Skies" and thought ~ perfect! why not song titles?! So, here we go. The first in my Song Title Collections, this one brought to you by Irving Berlin and the wonderful shops of ArtFire.


Blue skies 
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see


Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long


Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly


Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails