'Grandmother Was A YoYo'

1917 Italy Engraved Map

Sachets ... Coming Soon!

Manolo Blahnik Sketch Book Lithographs

Town Day and the Joy that Is a Library Book Sale

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today was our town celebration day. The fact of it coinciding with 911 is by happenstance ~ it's always the 2nd Saturday in September.


But that happenstance brought out, I'm certain, far more than the usual amount of folk. The mood was one of quiet celebration and remembrance, which was pleasant. The crowds were more polite, the booth keepers more attentive to the customers, and the day cooperated with perfect weather.


I was there early. I stayed late. And I found books! Oh, I found books! Lovely books, no longer loved but ready to be loved by me, and our town library offering them for a song. 


And now, soon, they'll be loved by you. I've listed some of these gorgeous treasures already in my shops. I'll be listing more. Come look 
Edmund Dulac, 'O Matsu San (Moonlight)'
Lillian Govey, 'Picking Wildflowers'
Mabel Lucie Attwell, 'Marooned'
'Water Babies'
Marianne Stokes, 'St. Elizabeth Spinning for the Poor'
Anne Anderson, 'Mary! Mary! Quite Contrary!'
Maxfield Parrish, 'The Lonesome Princess'
Edmund Dulac, 'Undine'
Charles Fitch-Lester, 'Ted's Foolish Wish'
Maxfield Parrish, 'Pueblo Dwellings'
Edith Goodyear, 'Monday'

1 comments:

Barbra said...

You scored! Hard to pick a favorite but "Marooned" is awfully adorable!

September 11, 2010 at 10:02 PM
Related Posts with Thumbnails